High Holy Days Gratitude from Laurie Frankino, Ritual Chair, 2018
We have publicly thanked Rabbi Ross, Cantorial Soloist Robin Selinger and Peter Tavens for their performances during the holiday services; but most of us don’t realize how many TBS congregants volunteer their time in the preparation and execution of our High Holy Days services. Thank you all for your valuable contribution.
- Drew Dallet designed the service programs for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- Kim Strausser and Jean Rhodes beautified the TBS landscaping before the holiday services.
- Eric Chupack and Matt Lerner permanently solved our audio difficulties in the sanctuary.
- Mark Schildhouse, Kim Strausser and Eric Chupack continually assisted with creative solutions to difficult logistical issues
- The TBS Brotherhood led our heightened security team this year.
- The 2018-19 B’nai Mitzvah Class and their families spent a Sunday afternoon polishing the ark, the pews and silver pieces, setting up all the folding chairs to accommodate the overflow crowd, changing all the Shabbat prayer books for the holiday version, and cleaning the dust bunnies off the top of the ark and our beautiful ner tamid.
- Beth Madis and Mary Sheehan coordinated the holiday tickets for members and guests.
- David Wismer, our head usher for the last 16 years, gathered an excellent crew, trained them and supervised every service. His team of 10 ushers volunteered to direct traffic, operate the chair lift, check tickets, and answer the many questions asked of them.
- Jean Beasley, Ben Margalit and Art Busch read Torah so beautifully during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services
- Rebecca Egolf and Jean Beasley read the Haftorah prayers and English translation during the Torah Services at both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur morning services
- Dave Weisman’s moving violin solo of Kol Nidre
- Len Rose gave us another award-winning rendition of Jonah
- Our Shofar Squad, David Terkel, Ben Margalit, Julius Hess, Larry Terkel & Len Rose
- Marcy Caplin coordinated this year’s Food Drive
- Barbara Shapiro, Joyce Bigam and Jennifer Frankino worked behind the scenes to prepare our Rosh Hashanah Kiddush Lunch and Yom Kippur Break the Fast.
- Ed Weisman led our afternoon education session during the Yom Kippur service break and the congregants who participated with him
- Jonathan Selinger, editor of the weekly e-Megillah, kept the congregation updated on changes to holiday service events.
- The TBS Board’s efforts and assistance behind the scenes and as greeters and participants in all 6 services.
- The volunteer service readers, candle lighters and ark openers who participated in all 6 holiday services
Thank you all for your efforts in creating such memorable High Holy Days services.