Abby Cymerman's "Target" Passover Macaroons were a real hit at the model Seder! For anyone who's interested, here's the recipe...
Abby’s Target Passover Macaroons
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 48 cookies
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
12 ounces shredded coconut
(Optional) 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Lightly beat with a fork until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the coconut.
3. Drop mixture by level rounded bottom tablespoon onto cookie sheet. Bake in center of oven until golden (approximately 20 - 25 minutes). Cool slightly, then remove by gently peeling away the parchment paper.
4. (Optional) Melt chocolate. Dip one side of each cookie in the melted chocolate. Return to parchment paper and allow to dry.
Temple Beth Shalom's Rabbi Sheldon Ezring has just been featured in an article in the Cleveland Jewish News, in honor of his upcoming retirement. To read the article, just click on the link below:
Temple Beth Shalom’s Ezring reflects on 40 years in pulpit
Congratulations, Rabbi Ezring!
You are cordially invited to the annual Temple Beth Shalom Family Passover Seder. Join your fellow temple members and guests as we celebrate the second night of Passover with a delicious Passover Seder.
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at 5:30 pm
Location: TBS Social Hall
- Congregants: $30.00 for adults and children over 10
- $12.50 for children ages 5-9
- Ages 4 and under: no charge
- Non-members: $36.00 for adults and children over 10
The service will begin at 5:30 pm led by Rabbi Ezring, followed by a family style dinner catered by Ivan Lefkowitz, TBS congregant and owner of Ivan’s Deli and Catering, Fairlawn. The menu of traditional Passover foods includes matzah ball soup, salad, a delicious entrée of brisket and roast chicken, rosemary potatoes, vegetable medley and Passover sponge cake with fresh strawberries for dessert.
You will receive an invitation with RSVP at home which will also include an appeal from Mazon coordinated by our Social Action Chair, Jane Grover.
Please contact Laurie Frankino, Ritual Chair, with questions.