High Holy Days 2016: Gratitude from Laurie Frankino, Ritual Co-Chair
We have publicly thanked Rabbi Jim, Cantorial Soloist Robin and Peter Tavens for their performances during the holiday services; but most of us don’t realize how many TBS congregants volunteer their time in the preparation and execution of our High Holy Days services. Thank you all for your valuable contribution.
- Kim Strausser, who gave thoughtful input on all the service details and her co-president, Mark Schildhouse, who gave a thought provoking speech during Yom Kippur morning services.
- Eric Chupack, who worked behind the scenes to upgrade our bima lighting and audio in time for these services.
- The TBS Brotherhood who led our heightened security team this year.
- Mike Miller, volunteer building manager who inspected the entire building to be sure it was ready for services, and made himself available for last minute building emergencies as needed.
- The 2017-18 B’nai Mitzvah Class and their families who spent a Sunday afternoon polishing the ark, the pews and silver pieces, setting up all the folding chairs to accommodate the overflow crowd, changing all the Shabbat prayer books for the holiday version, and cleaning the dust bunnies off the top of the ark and our beautiful ner tamid.
- Beth Madis, who coordinated the holiday tickets for members and guests.
- David Wismer, our head usher for the last 14 years who gathered an excellent crew, trained them and supervised every service. His team of 12 ushers volunteered to direct traffic, operate the chair lift, check tickets, and answer the many questions asked of them.
- Jean Beasley and Art Busch who read Torah so beautifully during Rosh Hashanah morning services
- Stefani Carlson who spoke at Rosh Hashanah about her enhanced role at TBS and gave us an insightful commentary on the Torah portion she chanted so well during the Yom Kippur morning service
- Ben Margalit who read Torah during Yom Kippur afternoon services
- Rebecca Egolf who handled 2 responsibilities incredibly well. First, by stepping in as Membership Chair, she was instrumental in bringing 11 new families to TBS. And second, she read the Haftorah prayers and English translation during the Torah Services at both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur morning services
- Dave Weisman for his moving violin solo of Kol Nidre
- Len Rose, who gave us another award winning rendition of Jonah
- Marcy Caplin who coordinated this year’s Food Drive
- Jennifer Ramras and Lisa Singer, who updated, checked and double checked our ever-changing membership database
- Ed Weisman who led our afternoon education session during the Yom Kippur service break and the congregants who participated with him
- The TBS Board for their efforts and assistance behind the scenes and as greeters and participants in all 6 services.
- 80+ volunteer service readers, candle lighters and ark openers who participated in all 6 holiday services
Thank you all for your efforts in creating such memorable High Holy Days services.