Thursday, November 9, 2023
Issue #641Letter from Rabbi Ross
Dear TBS Friends and Family,This Friday, 11/10. Temple Israel is having a community Shabbat. We are welcome to join in. U.S. Congresswoman Emilia Sykes will be the special guest with a discussion of her summer trip to Israel. RSVP is required to ensure there is enough seating. A dessert reception sponsored by Jewish Akron to follow the discussion.
RSVP Shabbat Service & Discussion This Saturday, 11/11, at 9:15 am is our next Prayer Lab and Service. Join us as we check in about the week at war. Details are below.
This Tuesday, 11/14, is the Federation trip to D.C. for the huge national Israel Rally. RSVPS are needed. Rabbi Rachel, Gabriel and I will be going on the Cleveland bus. There are two JCBA buses from Akron as well. They will close registration Sunday.
Join the Cleveland Jewish community for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Washington, D.C. where we will rally with the American Jewish community in solidarity with Israel. Cleveland has always had a strong and leading voice in the North American Jewish communal world, and it’s critical that we be heard at this national call to action.
• Tuesday, November 14 • 1:00 pm • National Mall, Washington, D.C.
• Buses will depart at approximately 4:00 am from Beachwood and will return at approximately 11:00 pm.
• Detailed departure information, including pick up site for the buses, will be provided upon registration.
• Federation will provide free, same day bus transportation for all who would like to travel with us that day.
Whether you have your own transportation or plan to travel with Federation, please register so that we have an accurate headcount of the number of Clevelanders attending.
Donations to support Israel can be made at Cleveland Federation:
For more information, please contact
Saturday, 11/11, at 9:15 am – Prayer Lab’s “Making Prayer Real”
Prayer Lab’s Saturday Schedule
• Brotherhood Membership
We meet throughout the year in the spirit of friendship and good humor. We sponsor social events, fundraisers and building beautification projects to support and enhance the TBS community. Contact: Mike Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBS Sisterhood meetings/events
• Annual Latke Fry Dec 3rd
• New: a Latke Committee to share the workload (alas, the president, Jean R, is away in Dec). Would you consider volunteering to work with Robin Rosen-Sharp as: Friday ingredient shopping (Dec 1st morning); Early Sunday prep; simple refreshments; Order packing and pickup or Wrap-up/final cleanup? She’ll train you. Let Robin know at (email@example.com) which you’d like to do. Everyone else shows up for the the actual fry! We’ll start general work sign up, equipment recruitment (processors, fry pans) and, of course general Latke ordering requests later next week.
We love to share good news at TBS!
Please send us your announcements, engagements, weddings, graduations, sports news, kid news, etc. to Harry Berman, e-megillah editor firstname.lastname@example.org no later than ONE WEEK PRIOR to the next issue. Please include ‘e-megillah news‘ in the subject field.
• Y A H R Z E I T S •
DEATHS IN THE LAST YEAR
John Andro • Susie Axelrod • Sabina Fromm • Udice Kohn • Mark Varney
A monthly yahrzeit list of TBS family loved ones will now be published in the e-megillah
as well as read during Shabbat services.NOVEMBER YAHRZEITS
Susie Axelrod • Esther Blazey • Marilyn Eisen
Dorothy Kirchheimer • Richard Kirchheimer • Todd Alan Sanders
Annette Schildhouse • Maxine Shiffman • Maria Telesman • Betty TerkelIf you have names to add, please send them with their yahrzeit date to Laurie Frankino, Ritual Chair, at email@example.com.
• U P C O M I N G T B S E V E N T S •