Dear TBS Friends and Family,
Happy New Year! I hope you had a meaningful and joyful celebration!
Many synagogues in the area have suspended in-person gatherings until mid-January to reassess the effects of the current Covid outbreak. TBS will do the same. Our Torah Study this Sat. 1/8 and our Shabbat Service next week, on 1/14 will be on Zoom only. We will make an announcement in a few weeks about our plans for late January.
This Saturday, 1/8 at 9:30 a.m., we will study the story of King David from the book of 2 Kings. We will explore the legacy of David and the legacy of Jerusalem. First-timers are always welcome!
TORAH STUDY – PROPHETS’ CLASS LINKS
Our bible text can be found here:
EXCITING NEWS! Our next “Judaism 101” class will begin in January!
I wanted to let each of you know I will be teaching a weekly “Judaism 101” course for Temple Beth Shalom, Hudson, this winter in-person and on Zoom. This class will meet on Sunday afternoons starting on Jan. 23. We held this class last spring and it was a huge success! As of today, 28 people have signed up for this class.
If you ever wanted to know more about Jewish history, Jewish philosophy, holidays, or practices, then this class is for you.
This new course is perfect for:
- potential conversion candidates
- folks who want to learn about Judaism from an adult perspective and may have paused their Jewish learning as teens
- interfaith folks who want to broaden their Jewish knowledge base
- young parents who want to get grounded in their Jewish knowledge
The class will be organized like a college survey course with a focus on: Jewish history, holidays, philosophy, and prayer. The course is free for TBS members and college students, and it’s $54.00 for non-members. There will be four inexpensive paperbacks to purchase as part of this course. Please let me know if you are interested in this class. RSVP – email@example.com
UPCOMING TBS GATHERINGS
- Sat. 1/8, 9:30 am: Torah Study – “Prophets: King David” – Zoom only
- Fri. 1/14, 7:30 pm: Tu Beshvat Shabbat Service – Zoom only
- Sat. 1/22, 9:30 am: Torah Study – “Prophets: King David” – (TBD)
- Sun. 1/23 & 1/30, 4:30 pm: Judaism 101 Class – (TBD)
- Fri. 1/28, 7:30 pm: Shabbat Service – (TBD)