Lilith Salon Highlights
Sisterhood would like to sincerely thank Marcy Caplin for hosting the Lilith Salon on Thursday evening, March 12th.
Thanks to everyone for sharing your tasty treats for the casual covered-dish supper. You made the evening special!
In attendance were Amy, Lisa, Robin R., Shelley and Shelley.
Marcy’s prized Labrador Retrievers, Dodger and Oliver, both of whom graduated with honors from Brandeis University School of Journalism, were also on hand to contribute to the group discussion.
Two articles from the Winter issue of the Lilith Magazine were highlighted.
A great time was had by all!
The days are flying by! Our “Charoset Chop” and Passover Prep event is a mere two weeks away! Volunteers are needed for shopping and chopping!
Robin Rosen-Sharp is serving as coordinator for our kitchen gathering on Thursday, April 2nd. Robin may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you can assist with shopping for traditional Passover foods or whether you’d like to be a part of the hands-on kitchen crew, Robin is now available to sign you up and also answer any questions you may have.
The TBS Congregational Second Seder will be held on Saturday, April 4th.
Volunteering strengthens our Sisterhood and our congregation. Thank you so much for your participation and support.
Women of Reform Judaism-Fried Leadership Conference
Please enjoy the following summary of activities from the WRJ Fried Leadership Conference. This highlight was provided by TBS Sisterhood member, Sandy Adland. Sandy currently serves as president of the WRJ Central District.
Yours in Sisterhood,
Emily Audra Fleisher
2015 WRJ Fried Leadership Conference Highlights
January 30th – February 1st
The AT&T Conference Center on the University of Texas campus in Austin, Texas was the scene of a truly exciting, jam-packed three days of learning, growing, sharing, praying, collaborating, singing, eating, dancing, and having FUN with 235 Reform and Progressive Jewish women from throughout North America and Israel. Twelve women from Central District participated in the three day conference. All of us had a great time and learned so much! Here are a few of the weekend’s highlights:
- Pre-conference Speaker Development Program
- Pre-conference Bullock Texas State History Museum Tour
- Workshops on the YES Fund, leadership development, social action/advocacy, financial management, programming, membership, marketing, conflict resolution, and engaging younger women
- Shabbat worship services (Visual T’fillah) led by WRJ District Presidents
- Sharing sessions according to sisterhood size and also by topic (see above workshop topics)
- LBJ Presidential Library Tour
- Special Guest Julie Silver, our songleader-in-residence throughout the weekend
- Special Guest Rabbi Galit Cohen-Kedem, from Congregation Kodesh Ve’Chol, Holon, Israel, who spoke about being a female Reform rabbi in Israel
- Special Guest Rabbi David Wolfman (David S. Wolfman, LLC: The Human Side of Change), who facilitated workshops dealing with WRJ’s vision for the future
- Special Guest Lisa Lieberman Barzilai (Director of the Leadership Institute for the Union for Reform Judaism), who shared with the WRJ Board the URJ’s new leadership model
- A beautiful Havdalah service (Visual T’fillah) led by WRJ District Presidents
- Texas Barbecue dinner and Line Dancing to live country and western band music
- Inspirational YES Fund breakfast and Closing Circle
IF YOU MISSED THIS FABULOUS EVENT, WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE 50TH WRJ ASSEMBLY IN ORLANDO, FL, NOVEMBER 4-8, 2015!
Submitted By Sandy Adland, WRJ Central District President