We have publicly thanked Rabbi Ross, Cantorial Soloist Robin Selinger and Peter Tavens for their performances during the holiday zoom services; but most of us don’t realize how many TBS congregants volunteer their time in the preparation and execution of our High Holy Days services. Thank you all for your valuable contribution.
- Brotherhood for cleaning up the grounds around the temple
- Robin Rosen Sharp for hosting Monday Wine with Friends through the summer to keep our sisterhood members in touch with temple news and opportunities
- Drew Dallet for designing the bookplates for our new Holiday Prayer Books
- Art Busch for delivering the plexiglass shields to temple
- Marcy Caplin for organizing our annual food drive
- Jean Rhodes for creating sewing instructions to create your own kippas for services
- Beth Madis for handling the distribution of new prayer books to those who wanted to borrow them for services
- The TBS Board of Trustees and Harry and Georgene Berman who hand delivered holiday honey cakes to our congregants to enjoy with their Rosh Hashanah meals.
- To Eric Chupack our High Holy Days Sound Engineer who endured 5 pre-holiday rehearsals to ensure that the sound you heard during all services was as clear and balanced as possible on Zoom, and who coached Laurie through the Zoom process so the correct people would be on screen at the right time.
- James Field & TBS volunteers who created backpacks for First Serve
- Susan Terkel & Linda Wismer for sewing hundreds of masks for the school students for First Serve
- Robin, Amy, Kim and Dick for creating the beautiful video renditions of our most special holiday songs. They are all featured on our website for you to enjoy.
- Our Torah readers, Jean Beasley, Art Busch and Ben Margalit and our prayer book readers
- David Terkel and Julius Hess for blowing shofar
- Larry Terkel for leading the Yom Kippur afternoon zoom discussion of the story of Job
We thank all of these volunteers for supporting TBS in preparation of this year’s high holy days services.
- And to our congregation who supported this year’s holiday services by participating in record numbers under very unusual circumstances on Zoom. Thank you all..