Dear TBS Friends and Family,
This Friday we will have a special Zoom Tu Bishvat Service, where we will eat and drink our delicious Tu Bishvat treats together! Instructions and Zoom info are below. Please join us!
TU BISHVAT SERVICE – on Zoom only
Friday, 1/28 at 7:30, we will have a special Tu Bishvat Service. Please bring fruits, nuts, wine or juice!
You will need either white wine and red wine, or white grape juice and red grape juice.
- fruits that have a peel: oranges, bananas
- fruits that have a pit: olives, apricots, peaches
- fruits that are completely edible: grapes, raisins, blueberries
- maple syrup or maple candies
- a potted plant
FEBRUARY COVID UPDATE
The local Covid numbers are starting to drop. We have been in consultation with Sha’arei Tikvah medical professionals during this recent wave of Omicron. They are resuming in-person options for their Shabbat gatherings this weekend. TBS will resume in-person options for our communal gatherings in February.
No food or drinks will be served at this time. Everyone who decides to attend is expected to wear a mask, and have vaccinations and boosters that they are eligible to receive.
Our Zoom gatherings have been wonderful, but I am delighted to come back together in-person!
For anyone who is uncomfortable with in-person gatherings in February, you are welcome to join us on Zoom.
The TBS religious school will resume in-person classes at the new Hudson City Hall on Sunday, 2/6.
“Judaism 101” Sundays, 4:30 pm
We held our opening session of this winter’s Judaism 101 class. More than 30 people were in attendance. We will be accepting new students for another week or so. The classes are on Sunday afternoons from 4:30 – 6:00. If you ever wanted to know more about Jewish history, Jewish philosophy, holidays, or practices, then this class is for you.
This new course is perfect for:
- potential conversion candidates
- folks who want to learn about Judaism from an adult perspective and may have paused their Jewish learning as teens
- interfaith folks who want to broaden their Jewish knowledge base
- young parents who want to get grounded in their Jewish knowledge
The class will be organized like a college survey course with a focus on: Jewish history, holidays, philosophy, and prayer. The course is free for TBS members and college students, and it’s $54.00 for non-members. There will be four inexpensive paperbacks to purchase as part of this course. Please let me know if you are interested in this class. RSVP – email@example.com
UPCOMING TBS GATHERINGS
- Fri. 1/28, 7:30 pm: Tu Bishvat Shabbat Service – Zoom only
- Sun. 1/30, 4:30 pm: Judaism 101 – Zoom only
- Sat. 2/5, 9:30 am: Torah Study: “Prophets: King Solomon” – Zoom & in-person
- Sun. 2/6, 4:00 or 4:30 pm: Judaism 101 – Zoom & in-person
- Fri. 2/11, 7:30 pm: Shabbat Service – Zoom & in-person