Letter from Rabbi Ross
Dear TBS Friends and Family,
This Friday, 1/13, is our special Wine, Cheese and Chocolate Social. We will have a short service and an expanded social hour to chat about our special drinks! It is also the 50th yahrzeit of Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel who introduced American Jews to the ideas of radical amazement and spiritual audacity. Heschel was close friends with Martin Luther King, Jr, and we will honor his birthday this weekend as well. Our service will be at a special time, 7pm!
Prayer Lab – Sat. 1/21/2023
After a few fall sessions about our introductory prayers, we now enter a unit for January on the Shma and its blessings. Each session is independent, so folks can come and go as they need to and do not need to attend each session. Join us for bagels, great discussion, and some Torah Study about this week’s section, Vayechi as we conclude the book of Genesis. These sessions will be multi-access: both in-person and via zoom.
Clergy Leadership Training
I have been accepted for a prestigious professional development opportunity with the Institute of Jewish Spirituality, called the Clergy Leadership Program. I will be attending this week-long text study and meditation retreat from 1/22 -1/27 with 40 other rabbis and cantors. This program continues for 18 months with 3 other weeklong study retreats. I will be sharing the fruits of these experiences over the next 18 months.
SAVE THE DATE – Tu Beshvat Potluck Seder Lunch – Sat 2/4 at noon
On Saturday, 2/4, after our Prayer Lab, we will have a special potluck dairy lunch and Tu Beshvat Seder. Tu Beshvat is the new year of the trees, and is a type of Jewish Earth Day. TBS will provide the bagels, nuts, fruits and juices, you bring the salads, sides and desserts! All are welcome!
Wine, Cheese, & Chocolate Oneg Social
Join us for a special Wine & Cheese Oneg Social following the 7:00 pm to 7:45 services on Friday, January 13. Everyone is invited to bring a bottle of wine (or other beverage) with a special meaning to them for people to taste. Share its story (from a wedding, place visited, first date, favorite label). Bringing a beverage is not required and we will have our usual selection of non-alcoholic beverages available. The service will be shorter to allow more time, beginning at 7:45, to socialize and get to know one another. Brotherhood will provide the cheese and hors d’oeuvres.
Brothers’ outing to Jack’s Deli and Maltz Museum
Join the Brotherhood Sunday, January 15, 9:30 am – Caravan and ride share from TBS @ 8:45 or meet us at Jack’s. Maltz tickets are $12, $10 for students/seniors. Text RSVP to Eric Draper @ 216.630.6075 for a table reservation.
The TBS Brotherhood welcomes new members, young and young at heart. We sponsor social events, fundraisers and building beautification projects to support and enhance the TBS community. We meet throughout the year in the spirit of friendship and good humor. For more information, contact Eric Draper @ 216.630.6075.
Bingo Night Returns February 11 @ TBS!!
A fun night for all TBS adult members and friends. A great date night idea for your valentine!
Silent Auction Donations Sought for Bingo Night
If you have an item or service you would like to donate to the Bingo Night silent auction, please text/call Eric Chupack @ 216.402.7262
UPCOMING TBS GATHERINGS
- Fri. 1/13/23, Shabbat Service 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm followed by an Oneg & wine tasting beginning at 7:45 pm – in-person and on zoom
- Sun. 1/15/23, Brotherhood outing to Jack’s Deli and Maltz Museum – 9:30 am Caravan and ride share from TBS @ 8:45 or meet us at Jack’s
- Sat. 1/21/23, Prayer Lab – 9:30 am – 11:00 am – Shma and its blessings, part 2 – in-person and zoom
- Sat. 1/28/23, Sisterhood Breakfast Meeting at Jean Rhodes, details to follow
- Sat. 2/4/23, Prayer Lab – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm – Prayer Lab, Potluck Lunch & Tu Beshvat Seder – in-person and on zoom
- Sun. 2/5/23, Brotherhood Meeting – 9:00 am
- Fri. 2/10/23, Shabbat Service – 7:30 pm – in-person and on zoom
- Sat. 2/11/23, Bingo Night – 7:00 pm at TBS
- Sat. 2/18/23, Prayer Lab – 9:30 am – in-person and on zoom
- Sun. 2/19/23, Sisterhood Hamentashen Baking
- Fri. 2/24/23, Shabbat Service – 7:30 pm – in-person and on zoom
- Sun. 3/5/23, Brotherhood Meeting – 9:00 am